Gum Disease Treatment – Salt Lake City, UT
the Health of Your Gums
Gum disease begins with a buildup of bacteria in your mouth, causing your gums to become inflamed and easily bleed during tooth brushing. When left unchecked, gum disease can eventually reach the periodontitis stage, causing the gum and bone to pull away from the teeth. If something isn’t done about periodontitis, you could end up losing your teeth altogether, and the infection in your mouth will only grow worse. Call Sugar House Smiles today to schedule a periodontal appointment to learn more about gum disease treatment in Salt Lake City, UT.
Why Choose Sugar House Smiles for Gum Disease Treatment?
- Gentle Scaling and Root Planing
- Skilled Father/Daughter Dental Team
- Small, Energetic, Friendly Staff
Scaling & Root Planing
As gum disease becomes more and more severe, deep pockets start to form between the gums and the teeth. In order to fight the infection, we need to remove any plaque and tartar that has accumulated in these pockets with a process called scaling. Then we can smooth out the roots of the teeth, which helps them reattach to the gums and makes it harder for bacteria to settle on them in the future. Smoothing the teeth this way is also known as root planing.
Benefits of Gum Disease Therapy
By treating your gum disease as quickly as possible, you can enjoy the following benefits:
- A Full Set of Teeth: Having gum disease treated quickly could mean the difference between a full smile and tooth loss.
- Improved Appearance: In addition to letting you keep your teeth, periodontal disease also makes your gums look clean and healthy.
- Tartar Removal: Gum disease therapy is primarily centered around removing tartar before it can cause permanent damage in your mouth.
- Fresher Breath: Bad breath is one of the most common symptoms of gum disease. By removing harmful bacteria from your mouth, you can also freshen your breath.